Over the last thirty plus years, producer, recording and mix engineer Dan Rudin has amassed thousands of hours in studios across the country, receiving two Grammy’s and several gold and platinum records in the process.
Fascinated by music and technology from an early age, Rudin spent his teenage years building guitars and amps, playing video games, and writing and recording songs with friends in his bedroom “studio.” Dan began his career working as a studio runner and general assistant in Boston, MA while still in high school. After studying music and electrical engineering at the University of Miami in Miami, FL, he moved to NYC to take an entry level job at the Hit Factory studios on 54th St. He went on to work at New York’s Record Plant Studios and eventually became chief staff engineer at Grandslam Recording in West Orange, NJ. Surrounded and mentored by some of New York’s best engineers and producers (William Wittman, Doug Oberkircher, Rick Kerr, Kooster McCallister), Rudin used the opportunity to learn and polish his engineering skills.
In addition to his extensive record and film work, where his client list includes Riders In The Sky, Pixar, High School Musical 2, Chayenne, Matt Belsante, Tommy Torres, Billy Dean, Wynonna, Flick, The Newsboys, Puffy, Alberto Plaza and Disney, Dan produces and engineers audio for pretty much anything you can think of. Producing and recording Broadway cast albums and licensing tracks, over 3000 songs for educational curricula, and scoring mixer and score editor roles on original scores for films like “Boundin'”, “Sioux City” and “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything” have proven him a diverse and musical studio veteran.
Awards and Nominations
- 2012 Latin Grammy Nominee Engineer – record of the year
Ricardo Arjona- Fuiste Tu
- 2012 Latin Grammy Nominee Engineer – album of the year
Ricardo Arjona- Independiente
- 2006 Nominee recording & mixing – best traditional folk album
JoEl Sonnier – Cajun Mardi Gras
- 2003 Winner mixing – award
Riders In The Sky – Monsters Inc.
- 2001 Winner mixing – award
Riders In The Sky – Woody’s Round-Up
- 1997 Winner mixing – best polka album
Frank Yankovich – Songs of the Polka King
- 1996 Winner recording – best gospel album
Andy Griffith – I Love to Tell the Story
- 1993 Nominee recording & mixing – best engineered recording
Brentwood Jazz Orchestra – Rock of Ages
- 2004 Nominee best animated short
Pixar – Boundin’
- 2002 Winner best animated short
Pixar – For The Birds
- 1998 Nominee original song
Allison Moorer – Soft Place to Fall
- 2006 Winner Sony Evolution
- 2011 Winner Distinguished Service Award